Thursday, March 14, 2013

3/14/13 by Alan Nunez

Thank you Lee, for inviting me to focus on Jesus, the only real super man that ever lived and we've got Him right here in our hearts!  The weird thing about it is that so often we turn our attention to the busyness of the world, our work, our kids, our spouses and we ignore the Holy Spirit right inside of us.  Even when I’m doing church stuff I can get so busy on committees and projects that I stop taking time to be still and listen to God.  I’m not taking time to pray or read the Bible regularly which is where I hear Jesus speaking to me and the Spirit’s promptings.  I must slow down and pare down my activities because God gave us a choice from the beginning, He won’t force His will on us.  He wants us to choose to respond to His calling and in order hear that Voice on a daily basis, I must focus my attention on a regular basis to get guidance on decisions that are troubling me.  God is always there but is my back towards Him or am I turning towards Him and into His arms and Grace.  When I do focus on His Love and Grace then I feel empowered to pass this on to others who need it and who can then be changed and have a new life.  How can I pass on to others the peace that passes understanding when I am exhausted, distressed and pressed rather than relaxed, focused, energized and purpose-driven.  God help me to remember that you are always present and that all I need to do is take a few seconds to say a quick prayer, take a deep breath, and get back to work with a renewed sense of direction and purpose.  Not just during the Lenten season but every day. Amen  

No comments:

Post a Comment