Wednesday, March 13, 2013

3/13/13 by Frances Mencia


Have you ever had a day where you start to question yourself about the choices you have made?  Where, for the most part the blessings around you are plentiful, but you focus on the negative incident that just happened.  It can be something as trivial as a person you work with speaking to you in a belittling tone – real or imaginary – where it feels as though that person is saying, “you really do not know what we are trying to do here, so your opinion does not matter.”  So far, when it happens to me, it has never been enough for me to want to turn around and walk out – my work is fulfilling enough to remind me why I work and why I work where I do – but it does hurt and it is all I can focus on, feeling as though I am being judged and judging right back.

Scripture tells us that we will become what we focus on – if we focus on the negative, we will become negative, which is why is it important we focus on the positive and the good.  “Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable – if anything is excellent or praiseworthy – think about such things.  Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me – put it into practice.  And the God of peace will be with you.” (Philippians 4:8-9)

Lord, my prayer is to you today is to help me see the good in people and not focus on the negative, even if they are being negative towards me.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment